Making the Most of In-Between Times
In the meantime, there’s no reason to wait for your phone to ring or your email notification to chime. You can take to maximize your writing investment if you:
- Develop other angles for your topic or pick up threads that you were not able to cover in your paper and query other journals for their interest
- Submit conference proposals based on your topic
- Develop a book proposal based on your topic
- Take your research to the next stage
- Conduct journal research (as we covered in Module 2) and complete more journal profile forms
Waiting for a response is also a great time to pay attention to personal goal-setting. This goal setting worksheet will help you focus on the in-between time as an opportunity for progress and growth.